Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Death delayed for one more day

Waiting for the verdict,

but the sentence is already given.

The jury recited,

I shall never be forgiven.


Sitting on the corner

In my life’s cell.

I waited as I perspired

getting the hell’s bell


I wake up in the morning.

I got my ablutions done.

Grandfather clock was ringing,

I waited for my turn.


As the Hangman prepared his ropes.

I walked to the podium.

My counsel came running by.

“Stop!” he said, there was a pandemonium.


“There has being a plea”, he said,

while catching his breath.

The jury has decided that

Death is delayed

for one more day.


© Tarun Mitra

6 comments:

Mridula said...

Hmm, the irony.

Megha said...

Oh. Good portrayal of the near-to-death situation. Nice work. You are good at poems.

Unknown said...

hmm gud one but smething was missing and nw plz dont ask me wat ???
coz i also dont knw

DRIVEN said...

too good one.. i dont think something is missing from it.. short complete and beautiful

Tarun Mitra said...

@ Mridula, thats the way life is. Thanks for your comment.

@Megha, Thanks

@ Shivani, I think u wish to see me die ;)


@ Driven, Thanks yaar...

SUNAINA said...

gud 1 tarun keep up d gud work wid loads of luck