Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Delusion of Love: Part I

This is the first part of my new poem 'Delusion of Love', I hope that you will like it.


Part I

I thought I was in love
But it was a mere illusion
Oh! My Lord why did you
Gave me such delusion

She came to me slowly
With her sweet intoxicating smile
Inebriated with her charm
On my dreams I lied.

As the days passed
And trust grew stronger
Within me I knew
I couldn’t hold any longer.

One day she told me
There’s a guy she liked
For five years she’d loved him
My world came crashing by.

Gathering my self and emotions
I prepared to say goodbye
She said, “Hey! There stop!”
“It was past, doing flyby.”

A faint smile sickled in my face
When her eyes shown and twinkled
As she mentioned me as “Special friend”
Her voice did a jingle.

For her happiness I prayed
To Saints and Gods above
A feeling of eternal longing
is what I felt for her.

© Tarun Mitra

July 14th, 2011

6 comments:

smiling soul said...

good feel of thoughts ...
keep writing..

Tarun Mitra said...

@Sowmya Thanks hope to see you again :)

Mridula said...

Love is a subject too difficult to comprehend Taun! :D

Tarun Mitra said...

@Mridula...:D now I realized it...its more unreasonable and criminal...

Unknown said...

Hey very nice with soft words

Tarun Mitra said...

@Shivani...thanks :)